All you need is:
- Your Wemo device
- An appliance you’d like to control
- Android™ 4.4 device or higher
- iOS 9.0 device or higher
- Wi-Fi settings
Step 2: Once installed, open Settings and enable Wi-Fi.
Step 3: Locate and connect to the Wemo with the same Wemo ID found at the back of the Wemo unit you are trying to install. The Wemo ID is the word Wemo followed by the Wemo model, then three alphanumeric characters. For example, Wemo.Switch. Also, the Wemo device is not secured thus, it will not ask for a password when you try to connect to it upon installation.
QUICK TIP: If your Wemo device does not show up in the Wi-Fi search, try the following:
- Make sure that your iOS or Android device and the Wemo device is within the range of the router.
- Make sure that the Wemo device is plugged in to a power outlet. If it is already properly plugged in, try rebooting the Wemo device.
- Press the Reset button and start all over.
- Some Android versions have an option enabled called Smart Network Switch or sometimes called Mobile Network Switch and Auto-switch to mobile network. This option allows your Android device to switch between saved Wi-Fi and data connections on its own. With this option enabled, your smart device may switch back to your saved Wi-Fi or data connections while you are performing the setup on your Wemo, causing the setup to fail. Before setting up your Wemo, it is recommended that you disable this feature. For more information, click here.
Step 4: Launch the App on your mobile device. Make sure that the Remember Wi-Fi Settings option is checked so the Wemo App can save your Wi-Fi settings.
It will then notify you that it’s connected to your Wemo device and will try to connect to your router’s main Wi-Fi.
Step 5: When prompted, select your router’s main Wi-Fi.
Step 6: Enter your router’s Wi-Fi password in the given field. Then, tap Save.
It will then say that it’s attempting to set up remote access. Once the setup is complete, it will prompt you that Remote Access has been enabled. Tap OK.
Step 7: You will then be directed to a window where you will be shown the settings of your Wemo device. You may edit the Name, Picture, and Email of your Wemo device in this window. Once finished, tap Save.
You will then be directed to the Wemo App Home with your Wemo device in the list. For easy identification, you may customize the settings of your Wemo device. Just tap the pencil icon to modify.
Here, you can customize the Name and Picture of your Wemo device.
You have now successfully set up your Wemo device.
NOTE: If you’re having problems with setting up your Wemo device, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Wemo App then set up the Wemo device again.