Setup Process video: Wemo setup is very simple and straight forward. Once you download the Wemo apps and you Wemo devices ready (LED Indicator flashing blue and orange), you can connect it to Wemo SSID, open the Wemo apps and follow the setup instruction. Once the setup is completed, you may be able to control you Wemo devices using your mobile apps.
- Some Android versions have an option called Smart network switch or Mobile Network Switch or Auto-switch to the mobile network. This option allows your Android to switch between saved Wi-Fi and data connections on its own. However, this may cause the setup to fail.
- Before setting up your Wemo, we recommend disabling this feature on Android device.
- Click here for more information about Wemo app.
- If you have more than one SSID at home (Range Extender), it is advised to turn OFF the “Remember Wi-Fi Setting”. This will allow the ease to control during setup process.
- For hassle-free setup experience, we recommend turning this feature ON. Thus, it requires having your Range Extender or Access Points configured with the same SSID (single network name).
Remote Access video: In the event the Remote Access is disabled, you may want to enable it to enjoy more features such as controlling your Wemo devices remotely (outside you home) as long as you have internet connection (4G, Wi-Fi Hotspot, office Wi-Fi). Each mobile devices can only manage one home at a time.
LOCAL & REMOTE ACCESS
Local and Remote Management videos: Wemo devices can be controlled locally and remotely. For Local Access, you need to be in the same network as your Wemo devices. For Remote Access, you can be anywhere as long as you have internet connection. Remote Access will allow you to control Wemo devices remotely via Wemo Cloud.
- For local access, mobile apps and Wemo Devices should be in the same network (preferable to be in the same SSID).
- If you have more than one SSID at home (Range Extender), ensure that the connectivity between main router with Range Extender is stable to minimize delay.
- Local access allows Wemo Apps to communicate directly to Wemo devices using UPnP protocols.
- Expected reactive response with local access is < 1 seconds
- Remote access allows Wemo Apps to communicate to Wemo devices via the Cloud.
- Expected reactive response with remote access is 3-6 seconds depending on the internet connection.
- Controlling Wemo devices with voice command (Google Home).
- Expected reactive response with Google Home is 1-4 seconds depending on the internet connection
Wemo Rules videos: Hands-free controlling your Wemo devices by setting up the rules.
This Rule enables users to control the time. Wemo will switch ON/OFF at specific time. The video example is showing the schedule ON at 10:40PM and OFF at 10:41PM (1 minute duration).
This Rule enable users to control the Wemo to auto OFF the devices after specific time duration. This might be benefit for customer that do not wish to have over-usage on the appliances at home (ex: Fan that turn-on without people around, to limit the TV usage for children). The video example is showing the Wemo to turn OFF after 1 minute duration.
Firmware update video: To keep your Wemo Apps fresh and up-to-date you may want to keep the firmware updated. Wemo apps will notify you whenever new Firmware is available. Please make sure that you enable notification for Wemo in your phone. Wemo devices will reboots during this process while downloading and upgrading the new firmware (estimated duration 5mins).