1. How can I reset the Linksys EA8100-AH to factory defaults?
There are two (2) ways to reset the Linksys EA8100-AH to factory defaults:
- Hardware Reset – Press and hold the Reset button on the back panel of the Linksys EA8100-AH for about 10 seconds.
- Software Reset – Log in to your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account. Under Router Settings, click Troubleshooting > Diagnostics. Click Reset under Factory reset.
2. I have reset the Linksys EA8100-AH and now I can’t launch the setup page. What should I do?
You can try the following troubleshooting suggestions:
- Access your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account locally.
- If your computer has a static IP Address, make sure it has valid DNS numbers. If not, set the computer to obtain an IP Address automatically.
QUICK TIP: Try again then, if needed, reassign a static IP Address back on the computer.
3. What should I do if I can't connect to the Internet wirelessly and my network name is not listed in the Available Networks?
Try to perform the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Verify that your router is ON and the Power logo is solidly lit.
- If you are far from the router, you might try moving closer to see if your device is out of the wireless network range.
- Using a computer wired to the router, open the router’s web-based setup page by entering “myrouter.local” or “http://192.168.1.1” and make sure that Broadcast SSID is ON.
- Turn the router OFF and power it back ON.
4. Can I also block HTTPS websites in Parental Controls?
Yes, website addresses starting with https:// can be blocked but, because they have encryption, the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi cannot redirect you. Instead of a page telling you the Address has been blocked, you will see a browser error page.